Covid 19 Information
The health, safety and well being of our staff, visitors and families is paramount, especially during the current climate. To enable us to continue to provide a quality, efficient and above all safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic we continually revise our policies, risk assessments and operating procedures in response to Government, Public Health England and local guidelines.
Our current procedures centre around Government advice to wash hands, cover the face and create space:
Poplars Farm COVID-19 Safety Measures
• 2 metre social distancing is strongly encouraged at all times with signage and instruction from staff to remind customers
• The farm shop experience has changed to a drive through (on request) and open air market-style system
• Produce in the fridges, freezers and shelves remains indoors with a one way system & limit of two customers at any one time. Face coverings are mandatory indoors
• Face coverings are encouraged at all times outdoors
• A ‘touch to buy’ policy is in place to minimise contact with produce
• Payment, where possible, is via contactless methods
• A one way system is in place for entering and exiting the shop
• Hand sanitiser stations are situated around the site
• Enhanced cleaning operations are in place to ensure surfaces, equipment and trolleys are cleaned regularly
• Staff are trained and briefed in all new procedures
We Please Ask You….
• To stay away if you are feeling unwell or display any symptoms of COVID-19
• Remain 2 metres away from anybody not in your household throughout your visit
• Wash and sanitise your hands regularly during your visit
• Minimise the amount of contact you make with surfaces and produce
• Supervise children at all times during your visit
• Follow our one way system and all signs and instructions from staff
• Report any concerns to our staff immediately to allow us to address them as soon as possible
Poplars Farm COVID-19 Tractor and Trailer Ride Information
We are still keen to provide our usual tractor and trailer rides this year and have been working hard to ensure we comply with all Government guidance with regards outdoor events and social distancing. As such, things will be a little different to ensure we all have the same amount of fun in a safe environment.
• The tractor and trailer will start from and return to a designated area in the pumpkin patch, enabling customers to wait, alight and disembark in the open air
• Capacity on the trailer will be reduced by 50%, with every other row of seats marked ‘out of use’, to allow social distancing between customers
• All customers over the age of 11 are requested to wear a face covering for the duration of the ride
• The trailer sides will be raised at all times to maximise through flow of air (however, this may make the ride a little chilly, so please dress in warm clothing!)
• The trailer will be cleaned after every ride, please bear with us if this means you have to wait a couple of minutes extra before getting on board.
• Customers will be boarded and seated in household groups (max 6), with a ‘first on, last off’ system to enable social distancing